"I'm not dead yet!"

Has it really been that long since I last blogged?! 

I mean, truthfully, I seem to remember writing a whole lot more over the past month.  I'd say that it must have been a dream, but I would have to sleep in order to dream about anything.  There hasn't been a whole lot of that over the past month, either. 

I lovingly describe my daughter as a crawling-and-cruising petri dish.  I love my child to pieces, but let's be real here - she's kind of disgusting.  The amount of snot and saliva that pours out of her face on a daily basis isn't just gross - it's downright impressive.  It doesn't help that she goes to daycare full-time, where she is surrounded by other crawling-and-cruising-and-dripping-and-oozing petri dishes from the age of three months to the brink of toddlerhood. 

Needless to say, my home has had a bubonic cloud surrounding it throughout the past thirty days.  Because those baby germs are freaking potent.  She coughed twice:  my husband came down with pneumonia for the first time in his life.  She barfed, I cleaned her up, and she moved on to play with her stuffed squirrel:  I came down with a case of the flu that was so violent that I had to be taken to urgent care.  She had a slight fever today, and I'm terrified to see what's going to happen to us tomorrow...

It's truly incredible that my baby can carry these germs that don't really phase her, but debilitate us adults completely. 

Cheers to you, nature!  Thanks for protecting my kid!

Anyways, short and sweet post, but I wanted to let you all that I haven't forgotten about you, my beloved readers.  And I haven't died (although I'm not entirely sure how I avoided that).  I've just been too busy puking and sanitizing that I haven't been able to pick up a pen or tippy-tap on a keyboard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Pandemic

The demon with broad shoulders

Keep moving forward